Help with communication
This page serves as a brief overview of the channels of communication that are available for the associations operating within Tamy. Questions? Contact the Secretary for Organizational Affairs!
You can reach the main association players through email lists intended for student associations and hobby associations. For subscription instructions to open email lists and an index of all of Tamy's email lists, visit Email lists. Please note that most of the lists operate mainly in Finnish.
You can reach the chairs of all student associations through the APN list. This list is used to pass on information about matters that concern all student associations, to summon chair meetings and to discuss relevant matters.
The APN list is a closed email lists and it is administered by the Secretary for Organizational Affairs. In the beginning of each new year, the Secretary for Organizational Affairs will add new chairs and vice-chairs to list and remove old ones as soon as she is informed about the new chairs and vice-chairs. If you are a new chair and have informed the Secretary for Organizational Affairs about this and still don't get mail from the APN list, contact the Secretary for Organizational Affairs. The Secretary for Organizational Affairs can also relay official messages that concern student associations to the list if she considers this advisable.
KERHOLISTA is a list for hobby association chairs. Similar to the APN list, KERHOLISTA is also used to relay important information and to discuss. The list is a closed list and it is administered by the Secretary for Organizational Affairs.
The aj-tiedotus list reaches the association members responsible for communication. It is an open list that anyone can join.
The aj-tiedotus list is mainly used by Tamy and the associations operating within it to pass on interesting messages that spokespersons then forward to their association's email list. News, comments, statements and reports by Tamy and SYL, the National Union of University Students in Finland, are also relayed on the list.
Information about events and activities by third parties can also be passed on to the list if the events are aimed at students or otherwise touch upon Tamy's activities. Third parties' event advertisements are only passed on to the list once. Don't forget the thematic email lists that concentrate on e.g. sports, culture or academic affairs!
Associations can advertise their events free of charge in Tamy's online event calendar. Associations are especially encouraged to post ads about events that are open to everyone, such as concerts, parties and sports events, but e.g. regular meetings can also be posted in the calendar.
In addition, selected ads about events organized by third parties (e.g. the University) can also be posted in the calendar, if they are clearly aimed at students.
You can post an ad in the calendar by clicking the “Lisää tapahtuma” tab and logging in with your basic user account. The basic user account of the person posting an ad will not be visible to anyone. Don't worry if you can't see your ad in the calendar right away – the Secretary for Organizational Affairs must approve each ad before it is published, and this may cause a slight delay.
- What's Happening? is Tamy's weekly bulletin that comes out every Monday during terms. The original Finnish version (Tapahtuu-tiedote) has 1500 subscribers, so advertising in the bulletin really pays off!
- The Finnish bulletin is sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org list every Monday, and the English bulletin to the IS list in the beginning of the week.
- The Finnish and English versions of the bulletin are not identical.
- If you wish to have your association's ad in the bulletin, email it to Tamy's Secretary for Organizational Affairs no later than on the previous Sunday.
- An ideal ad is a short text (600 characters max) that gives the details about what is happening, where and when, how much it costs, who is organizing the event and why people should come.
- The bulletin primarily has ads by Tamy and the associations operating within Tamy, but other student-related events and events organized at the University can possibly also be published.
- The bulletin is compiled by the Secretary for Organizational Affairs, who can also come up with headlines and edit the ads if she considers it necessary.
Tamy's calendars are handed out along with student cards and annual registration stickers in the beginning of the autumn term. Student associations and other associations operating within Tamy may send introductory texts to the calendar in spring. The calendar is compiled by the Secretary for Organizational Affairs, who will also let associations know when and how to send the materials for the calendar.