Tamy wants to offer its 12,000 members as versatile activities as possible, and the best way to do that is through organizations and associations. In fact, promoting organizational activities is one of Tamy's priorities. The main players in Tamy's organizational sector are the Secretary for Organizational Affairs and the annually appointed Executive Board member responsible for organizational activities.
The purpose of Tamy's organizational sector is to promote the activeness of Tamy's members and to create organizations and associations the best possible circumstances to focus on organizing and developing their acitivity. The duties of the organizational sector include:
- keeping in touch with the nearly 80 organizations operating within Tamy and inviting their chairs for regular meetings
- organizing the application for associations' financial aid and presenting project support applications to the Executive Board
- organizing and planning training for associations (e.g. courses in organizational activities, documenting and management of finances)
- seeing to other organizational services, such as maintaining and renting meeting and gathering rooms
- promoting organizations in different ways, e.g. by providing counselling in organizational matters and organizing informal events for organizations (such as the How did I become an organizer? event in winter).
The Committee for Organizational Affairs started its work in autumn 2011. Its purpose is to promote the organizational sector e.g. in organizing the financial aid application and planning events for organizations.